Examples of the a2 Milk Company's sustainable initiatives include:
- community - partnered with the Children’s Book Council of Australia’s (CBCA) Victorian Branch committee,to launch its Reading Together early childhood initiative
- community - partners of The Song Room’s interactive arts education website, ARTS:LIVE, enabling 75% of Australian schools to access the Australian Arts curriculum
- community - made a significant donation of a2 Platinum® Infant Formula to The Salvation Army
- marketplace - majority of milk sourced locally, and
- workplace - female representation across the company was 56%, however only 17% at board level.
- environment - four a2 Milk™ farmers were awarded funding for sustainability projects, such as reduction of energy consumption, re-vegetation to reduce soil erosion and improve water quality, and the recycling of waste water, and
- environment - introduction of independently audited animal welfare program.
- governance - framework in place to identify, control, report, investigate and monitor health and safety risks, and
- governance - employee retention strategy in place.
Find out about the a2 Milk Company here.