Examples of Burst Coin's (BURST) sustainable initiatives include:
- Burst uses minimal computational resources beyond that required for initial setup. It can be mined using something as small as a Raspberry Pi, and
- it is estimated that a Burst transaction uses one 400th of the energy required to process a bitcoin transaction due to their Proof-of-Capacity consensus protocol.
- because there is no need to buy expensive specialized hardware, Burst is and will remain accessible to anyone who owns a personal computer. No matter how well funded an individual or organization, they cannot use expensive equipment to gain advantage over regular miners using regular computer equipment
- Burst was released with advance public notice, without pre-mine, without airdrops, and without an ICO. All Burst in existence today has been mined beginning with the genesis block using the PoC algorithm.
- Burst uses an algorithm that is ASIC-proof. With no possibility for ASICs to replace regular everyday hardware as a minimum barrier to feasible entry, continued decentralization is assured
- thousands of miners around the world are securing the network day and night using military-grade cryptography
- burst is ruled by its network of users and cannot be altered by governments or financial institutions
- each tangle is arbitrarily scalable: every new user improves the transactional capacity of the network
- lightning-fast transactions are received in your wallet and validated before you even have the time to check, and
- on-tangle transactions are completely free of fees, effectively allowing micro-transactions and saving you money.
Find out more about Burst here.