Examples of Contact Energy's (CEN) sustainable initiatives include:
- community - $364,144 invested in local communities
- community - over 5,000 people attended a community open day at Clyde power station
- community - 1,796 hours spent by employees volunteering in the community
- marketplace - customer advocacy (Net Promoter Score) up to +14 from - 3
- marketplace - new website, digital experience launched and AA Smartfuel customer rewards introduced
- workplace - safety performance improved, with 10 people hurt, 7 of which were strains or sprains, and
- workplace - female representation overall decreased by 1% and female leaders decreased by 5%. They had 98% pay equity ratio between males and females within salary bands. However, female participation on the Board increased to 50% and Maori representation increased to 40%.
- 14,000 native trees planted across their sites (not quite enough to suck up all their co2 emissions but it's a start)
- electricity generated from renewable resources to 80% (down from 82% in their last financial year)
- co2 emissions increased 2.7% on the previous year, to 1,142,447t, but down 53% since 2012, and
- 25% of their fleet are electric vehicles.
Find out more about Contact Energy here.