Examples of Fletcher Building's sustainable initiatives include:
- community - Rocla and ACP employees bagged 4000kg of potatoes and 36 pallets of food and clothing donations for distribution to 11 charities across New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.
- marketplace - Firth is the first concrete manufacturer in the world to use Declare labels, which help architects, designers, specifiers, and customers know what their concrete contains and to better understand its sustainable qualities and environmental effects, and
- marketplace - reduced on-site build time from 22 weeks to seven weeks; also reducing noise reduction from nine weeks to four days.
- workplace - as New Zealand's first construction company to achieve the Rainbow Tick, they were a principal sponsor in Auckland's Pride Festival
- workplace - they supported the Destination Trades pilot course Nailing It - a 10-week introduction to the construction industry aimed to give women a stepping stone into apprenticeships and industry roles
- workplace - their total recordable injury frequency rate was stable at 6.9 - up from 6.7 on the previous year. To prevent further increases they have launched a new safety management framework called Protect, to re-set and re-focus on the importance of getting home safe, every day
- workplace - diverting traffic, sprinklers and dust monitors are some of the initiatives being undertaken to reduce health risks from airborne dust
- workplace - to ensure a safer working environment, they completed an inventory reduction and changed the layout of the storage rooms to decrease formaldehyde emissions by 45%, and
- workplace - hosted 50 interns and 59 graduates in programmes investing in youth development and training.
- total greenhouse gas emissions from their operations rose 9% in the past financial year due to increases in manufacturing output
- reduced water requirements from an average of 225,000L per day to an average of 132,000L per day, and
- reduction of melamine resin waste to local landfill to less than 500kg.
- governance - they have policies and programmes to ensure sustainable daily management of health and safety, diversity and inclusion and procurement.
Find out more about Fletcher Building here.