Examples of Orion Health's (OHE) sustainable initiatives include:
- to support greater diversity within the tech industry, they sponsor She#,an Auckland-based group which encourages, inspires and supports women and girls interested in computer science, computer engineering, IT, and tech-related fields
- a number of New Zealand staff have signed up to become Futureintech Ambassadors, where they go to schools and talk to students about what they do, the opportunities within the industry and the pathways they can take to get there
- internationally they host and sponsor a number of industry related Meetups in our regional offices, to help inspire and learn from thought leaders in the health IT and technology industry
- a national voluntary lead organisation with over 120 individual clubs established throughout New Zealand who meet weekly to teach children in the local community how to code
- they have helped support and run the annual Programming Challenge for Girls, hosted at the Manukau Institute of Technology for local female high school students, and
- to inspire a younger generation into the tech industry, we host site visits for school and university students at our offices.
Find out more about Orion Health here.