Examples of Spark's (SPK) sustainable initiatives include:
- community - 1,292 volunteer days completed, down 7% on the previous year
- community - enabled donation of $18m via Givealittle
- marketplace - they were the first telecommunications company in New Zealand to have a verified We Chat account
- workplace - identified 11 critical hazards and developed a 12 month health and safety roadmap to lift its performance
- workplace - received the Rainbow Tick and had a corporate float in the Auckland Pride Parade
- workplace - nearly 1,000 leaders completed leadership training programmes
- workplace - 29% Spark's leadership team is female, and
- workplace - 100% gender pay parity.
- 33,263 phones were recycled through the RE:MOBILE programme (up from 32,279 the previous year) benefiting their partner Sustainable Coastlines
- last year, Spark volunteers have planted another 500 native trees, bringing the total since 2012 to 12,860
- 58% of their fleet are more energy efficient than previously, and
- 15% decrease in carbon emissions.
Find out more about Spark NZ here.