Examples of Stellar coin's (XLM) sustainable initiatives include:
- decrease their costs so users can pass these cost savings on via their own apps in the form of:
- send money across borders quickly, for a fraction of a cent
- facilitate low-cost payments between different currencies
- increase efficiency and decrease the cost of smaller transfers with offerings of incremental payment options
- interoperability enables mobile money platforms to enable users to pay recipients with different providers
- an agency banking framework provides the advantage of expanding retail operations without the overhead costs
- 50% of the native currency of the Stellar ecosystem, lumens, are distributed to participants of their Direct Sign-up Programme to create a more inclusive digital economy, and
- create and support technical and non-technical partnerships and educational initiatives to boost digital financial literacy and development efforts at the institutional and community level.
- transactions on the decentralized Stellar network resolve in 2-5 seconds.
- their Direct Sign-up Programme aims to expand the reach of the network to promote adoption of Stellar as a worldwide payment standard
- develop and maintain a secure and low cost global transaction network (“Stellar Network”) and protocol (“Stellar Protocol”) that is high quality, open-source, and publicly accessible to everyone, and
- they are a not-for-profit organisation aiming to develop and maintain publicly accessible tools and services to support the Stellar Network and its users.
Find out more about Stellar coin here.