At Trustpower they believe that sustainability means building a long term business through relationships with all who they interact with.
Examples of Trustpower's sustainable initiatives include:
- community - 131 organisations and individuals sponsored through the Lend A Hand Foundation
- community - 65 high school students recognised via Trustpower's Youth Spirit Awards
- marketplace - introduced Solar Buddies allows people with solar panels to sell or gift their excess electricity to family, friends, organisations or charities
- marketplace - launched an app and a chatbot to enable customer to source information more easily
- workplace - while 55% all staff were women, only 43%, 25% and 14% were females at Manager, Officer and Board levels respectively
- workplace - lost time injuries up to 12, from 8 on the previous year, and injury incident rate up one to 7.8
- workplace - unscheduled absenteeism was up to 3.4 (from 2.9 in the previous year), and
- workplace - staff turnover down 6% to 10% in 2018.
- 7 resource consent breaches, down from 15 on the previous year.
- governance - progress in documenting their Safety Management System including their approach to risk identification, assurance and safety culture.
Find out more about Trustpower here.