Examples of Vector's sustainable initiatives include:
- community - produce the Energy Efficient Communities Project which will deliver hot-water heat control units, LED lightbulbs and energy advice to homeowners in Papakura and Takanini. Local organisations, including schools and community facilities, will also receive a Tesla Powerwall
- community - 36 schools were visited during the year, and Vector talked to 7,619 students, about sustainability and being safe around electricity
- community - revitalised their mural programme to paint artwork on their assets to beautify communities. Last year, three new murals were completed in Avondale, Kingsland and Ellerslie
- marketplace - updated their app to make it easier for over 70,000 customers to report outages, or see current outages, planned and unplanned
- marketplace - their Keep the Lights On campaign informed Aucklanders that one in five power outages is caused by trees and offered them a significant discount on tree trimming to keep their branches away from our network, and
- workplace - decreased lost time injury frequency rate by 15%.
- worked with Dominion Salt to integrate a Tesla Powerpack with their 660kW wind turbine at Lake Grassmere to deliver around 75% of the site’s energy needs
- they've provided solar systems to provide Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei households 47% of their electricity, saving the equivalent of 12.55 tonnes of co2 (between December 2016 to April 2017)
- their new vehicle-to-grid (V2G) chargers operate to 1) take power from the grid, they can also reverse the process, and 2) transform electric vehicles into mobile power sources for businesses and homes
- they have email addresses for 76% of our retail customer base which has saved them $126,000 in postage costs and 4.5 tonnes of CO2e
- launched their EV app to make finding and getting directions to EV chargers nationwide more easy
- installed over 1m smart meters across New Zealand and 24,200 smart meters across Australia
- they own 50% of Treescape, who won the contract for the Council's arboriculture work, and
- installed a 1MW/2.3MWh Tesla Powerpack battery in Glen Innes, Auckland.
- governance - they have agreed on seven key goals - each relating to their overarching priorities of climate change and transition to a low carbon economy and/or inclusion and equality.
Find out more about Vector Energy here.