Examples of Westpac's sustainable initiatives include:
- community - partnered with Social Outcomes to support Churches of Christ in Queensland to fund the Youth CONNECT program in Queensland over six and a half years to support 15 to 25 year olds who are exiting or have exited statutory care and are homeless or are at risk of homelessness
- community - employees volunteered more than 7,000 hours of their time through skilled volunteering to support charities and causes
- community - during 2017 Westpac Group and its employees donated $2.8m to close to 800 Australian registered charities
- marketplace - only 39% of customers across Australia and New Zealand are digitally active
- workplace - across Australia and New Zealand, 57% of the workplace comprised female workers. However there were only 22% on the Board, and 41% in executive roles, and
- workplace - total lost time frequency rate decreased from 0.8 to 0.6.
- across the group decreased carbon emissions from 220,000 tonnes to 203,000 tonnes, and
- exposure to mining decreased from $11.3b to $9.7b.
- governance - clear standards of ethical, social and environmental business practices as outlined in their supplier Responsible Sourcing Code of Conduct, and
- marketplace - increased lending to the Clean Technology and environmental services sector to $7.0b in both countries.
Find out about Westpac Bank here.